The PROSperity Program
What is PROS?
The PROSperity Program (PROS) is a comprehensive psychiatric rehabilitation program for individuals in recovery from symptoms related to mental illness.
PROS provides 1:1 and group skill building services to individuals who are working to build upon their strengths and supports and who wish to develop the recovery skills needed to live life successfully within their community.
The objectives of the program are:
- Provide evidence-based practices to support recovery, with respect for the individual's choices and desires
- Foster a healing environment on-site and respectful, inclusive experiences off-site
- Provide a complete treatment experience that works with existing mental health provider services
- Promote openness and honesty among participants and all of their health providers
What you can expect
- Improve desired functioning
- Symptom management and increased self-awareness
- Building upon life skills for social interaction and independence
- Reduce in-patient hospitalization and need for emergency services
- Increase employment
- Attain desired education
- Must be 18 years old
- Must have a documented mental illness diagnosis
- Must have a functional disability due to the severity and duration of mental illness
Potential PROS participants can self-refer to the program, by completing the prospective participant referral form. This can be submitted to the PROS program director, or the administrative assistant. There is no other paperwork required.
Potential PROS participants can also be referred by providers. Providers whom regularly make referrals include:
- Cayuga County Mental Health
- Cayuga Counseling Services
- Health Home/Care Management agencies
- Auburn Community Hospital Behavioral Health Unit
- Other Unity House programs including Day Habilitation, Community Habilitation, MH Residential, Supported Housing, Employment Services and PWDD Residential Services.
- The program can also accept referrals from providers in adjacent counties such as Seneca and Oswego. These counties do not have any PROS programs and therefore residents of those counties are eligible to attend.
Participants will be contacted to attend orientation by the program director when there is availability. This will be scheduled as an individual or a group appointment.
Director of The PROSperity Program